What about ‘the local’ in the age of global content distribution?
A conversation with Kiriki Delany, President, StreamGuys
Moderated by Owen Brown, Technical Coordinator, Radio Presenter and News Reporter at ROOTSFM
This webinar features Kiriki Delany, President of StreamGuys, a leading provider of live streaming and content on demand distribution and monetization services. StreamGuys has been a pioneer in streaming tools and services. In the United States, its clients include National Public Radio, WNYC and the New Orleans Jazz Fest.
The rapid increase in streaming popularity is driving people of all ages and backgrounds to online media platforms. This webinar will explore the impact of the global increase in audio streaming on local initiatives, such as community radio and community benefit organizations. Through a conversation with a streaming pioneer, discover how new tools and services, in particular SaaS (Software as a Service), are being used to create effective workflows for organizations of all sizes. Join the conversation and learn how to connect, and stay connected, with the people who matter most to your community. This webinar will seek to answer the following questions:
- How can community radio and community organizations make the most of streaming?
- Is cost an issue for accessing audio streaming tools?
- Are there off the shelf tools a small organization could tap to diversify or innovate?
- How much technology know-how is required to take advantage of the opportunities in streaming audio?
- In what ways have communities used streaming audio to create a community benefit?